As more individuals are discovering CBD as a source of relaxation and wellness, the ways in which you can enjoy them!
And over the past few years, few products have gained popularity quite like edibles.
But most edibles share one particular problem: so much sugar!
On top of that, they don’t typically offer a whole lot of nutritional benefits.
Luckily, CBD oil can be added to tons of foods, and this included protein-packed meals. But when you have endless possibilities, we know it can be overwhelming.
That’s why we’re here to share some of our favorite recipes that use both CBD oil and protein powder! These are all great for after a workout, when you need to help your muscles recover as your mind winds down.
Each of these recipes can be changes to fit whatever your dietary needs may be, whether it’s vegan, paleo, or whole 30.
CBD Oil Post-Workout Bites
While these post-workout snacks may feel decadent, they make an excellent source of energy, not to mention fiber from the oats, healthy fats from the chia seeds and almond butter, and antioxidants from the dark chocolate.
And best of all: no blender or food processor necessary!
And while we use agave syrup for this recipe, you’re also welcome to use maple syrup or honey into your CBD protein shake.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (ideally 70% cacao)
- 100-300 mg CBD oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats and chia seeds.
- Add agave, almond butter, and CBD. Mix all together, ensuring CBD oil is evenly distributed.
- Line a covered dish with parchment paper and with a spoon, measure the mixture into equal balls, about 1 tbsp each. You should be left with about 20 bite-sized balls. Place in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips in the microwave and melt for about 1 minute.
- Once the bites have been fully cooled and solidified, take them out of the fridge and dip them into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate-dipped bites in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, they can be immediately enjoyed. Bites will last in the refrigerator up to one week.
CBD Protein Pancakes?
These protein pancakes offer the benefits of CBD, protein, and an awesome breakfast. But of course, you can enjoy them any time of day!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 scoops of protein powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 100-300 mg CBD oil
- Mash banana in a mixing bowl until it has a consistency similar to baby food.
- Beat the eggs and incorporate protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and vanilla extract until it becomes lump-free.
- Over medium heat, place a skillet and allow it to become hot, adding coconut oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Once pan is fully heated, pour a pancake-size amount of batter.
- Wait for bubbles to form, flip, and let cook until both sides are a golden brown and the center becomes fully cooked through.
- Repeat until all batter is gone and then drizzle pancakes with desired topping: fruit, maple syrup, not butters, you name it!
CBD Protein Smoothie Bowl
Protein smoothies are a staple in post-workout recovery, but a smoothie bowl turns it into a meal!
Smoothie bowls give you the chance to add whatever toppings you’re craving, whether it’s granola, coconut flakes, fruit, nut butters, or chia seeds.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or blackberries
- 1-2 scoops protein powder
- 1 cup milk of choice: dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.
- 100-200 mg CBD oil
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- Desired toppings
- Place berries, milk, protein powder, milk, CBD and sweetener in a high-power blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour in a bowl and garnish with desired toppings.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Place all ingredients except topping in a strong blender such as a Vita-Mix
- Blend on high for 1 minute or until your fruit is smooth.
- Pour in a bowl and top with frozen fruit and shredded coconut.
- Enjoy right away.