Early studies show that CBD oil may help reduce high blood pressure and improve other factors that led to heart diseases. Although there is no best CBD oil for blood pressure, focusing on high-quality brands which conduct 3rd party tests increases your chances of landing great products.
High blood pressure is one factor that increases the risk for heart disease which many find CBD oil good for it. Besides, early studies show that the cannabinoid can improve other factors of heart disease, including atherosclerosis and inflammation. Many CBD companies deal in CBD oil and finding the best oils is not easy. Still, many CBD companies and outlets, including the JustCBD store, conduct 3rd party tests, post the results of the test online, use organic hemp for CBD manufacture, and produce CBD oils that are free of contaminants. CBD oils that tick these boxes are among the best you could opt for to manage high blood pressure and heart disease factors.
Introducing CBD and CBD Oil
According to Massi et al. (2006) and Bauer et al. (2020), CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid in hemp and other strains of cannabis plants. There are many cannabis plants, all of which have chemical compounds called cannabinoids. Nature has more than 100 cannabinoids, and CBD is one. Besides being non-intoxicating, Watt & Karl (2017) stated that CBD is therapeutic, further explaining why it has become a subject of interest to many.
The body cannot take in CBD as a compound. Thus, CBD manufacturers coin it with other compounds to make what the body can benefit from. CBD oil is one such form of CBD that the body can absorb. It features the dilute form of CBD in a base oil, mostly MCT coconut, extra virgin olive, and hempseed oils. JustCBD store sells CBD oils in full-spectrum formulations and also offers CBD tinctures, CBD-based delivery methods with an alcohol base carrier instead of oils. Other ways of taking CBD include CBD capsules, edibles, topicals, vapes, and high-CBD hemp flowers. Which have their pros and cons that one has to contend with while taking CBD.
Types of CBD Oil
If you join the CBD team and take CBD oil, you need to know the types of the oil, which are based on formulations. You can choose between;
- Isolate-based CBD oil; features CBD without any additional compounds. It has no terpenes, flavonoids, and additional cannabinoids, and forms the favorite pick for CBD fans who are starting out on the CBD regime.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil; features CBD with terpenes, and flavonoids, and the whole range of cannabinoids in the hemp plants. According to VanDolah et al. (2019), the multiple compounds in full-spectrum CBD oil give it a full entourage effect.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil; is more like full-spectrum oil in composition. It has as many terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids as full-spectrum CBD oil but does not have THC.
Can CBD Oil Help with High Blood Pressure?
CBD oil is growing in popularity and there seems to be no issue that it cannot help with. Can CBD oil treat high blood pressure? So far, there is insufficient scientific evidence to prove that CBD oil has a thing to do with high blood pressure reduction. In fact, the FDA has not approved CBD oil use for managing high blood pressure. Still, some studies suggest that CBD oil may be helpful for blood pressure reduction. For instance, Jadoon et al. (2017) stated that can reduce blood pressure. In the study, the participant was given a placebo and a 600 mg CBD dose. The latter led to a significant blood pressure reduction, suggesting that CBD oil might help with high blood pressure.
CBD Oil for Factors of Heart Diseases
Besides improving high blood pressure, CBD oil seems to improve other factors linked to high blood pressure. For instance, according to Hammell et al. (2016), CBD oil can fight inflammation. Yet, inflammation of cardiovascular organs is a risk factor and a symptom of heart complications. Besides, Steffens et al. (2005) reported that CBD oil can reduce the progression of atherosclerosis, a type of heart problem in which the arteries are filled with fats. Still, more studies are needed to ascertain the role of CBD oil in improving risk factors for heart disease.
Best CBD Oil for High Blood Pressure
Although the FDA has not approved using CBD oil for high blood pressure, people use it nonetheless for this role. Still, choosing the best CBD oil for high blood pressure and heart disease risk factors is not easy following the many CBD companies in the hemp space. Still, focusing on some features while shopping for CBD oil increases your chances of landing quality products. Pay attention to the following as you shop for CBD oil;
- Organic CBD oil; environmental factors matter in CBD manufacture and companies that produce CBD oil using organic ingredients boast higher safety profiles
- Contaminant status; you can take in many contaminants through CBD oil, making it important to consider the contaminant status of the CBD oil you are buying. The 3rd party results reveal much information about CBD oil, including how pure it is.
- The right CBD formulation; there are three types of CBD oils, isolate-based, full- and broad-spectrum oils. The best CBD oils for high blood pressure should have no THC (if it is isolate-based or broad-spectrum formulated), and if it features full-spectrum CBD, they should have not more than 0.3% THC.
- Ingredient list; the best CBD oil for high blood pressure should not feature ingredients with allergens, gluten, and other compounds that wreak havoc in the body. The JustCBD store offers full-spectrum CBD oil with no allergens.
- Third-party testing; 3rd party tests ensure CBD oil has the right THC amount and features no contaminants. The JustCBD store conducts 3rd party tests for its products and posts the results on the Lab Reports centralized hub that you can access with a simple click.
There is insufficient evidence to prove that CBD oil can reduce high blood pressure. However, early studies suggest taking CBD oil can reduce blood pressure and improve other factors linked to heart disease. This blog discusses how CBD oil relates to blood pressure and what describes the best CBD oil for the condition. Still, finding the best CBD oil is not easy, considering the many CBD companies in space.
ReferencesBauer, B. A. (2020). What Are The Benefits Of CBD–And Is It Safe To Use? In Mayo Clinic.
Hammell, D. C., Zhang, L. P., Ma, F., Abshire, S. M., McIlwrath, S. L., Stinchcomb, A. L.,
& Westlund, K. N. (2016). Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and
pain-related behaviors in a rat model of arthritis. European journal of pain
(London, England), 20(6), 936–948.
Jadoon, K. A., Tan, G. D., & O’Sullivan, S. E. (2017). A single dose of cannabidiol
reduces blood pressure in healthy volunteers in a randomized crossover study.
JCI insight, 2(12), e93760.
Massi, P., Vaccani, A., Bianchessi, S., Costa, B., Macchi, P., & Parolaro, D. (2006). The
non-psychoactive cannabidiol triggers caspase activation and oxidative stress in
human glioma cells. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences CMLS, 63(17), 2057-2066.
Steffens, S., Veillard, N. R., Arnaud, C., Pelli, G., Burger, F., Staub, C., … & Mach, F.
(2005). Low-dose oral cannabinoid therapy reduces the progression of
atherosclerosis in mice. Nature, 434(7034), 782-786.
VanDolah, H. J., Bauer, B. A., & Mauck, K. F. (2019, September). Clinicians’ guide to
cannabidiol and hemp oils. In Mayo Clinic Proceedings (Vol. 94, No. 9, pp. 1840-1851). Elsevier.
Watt, G., & Karl, T. (2017). In vivo evidence for therapeutic properties of cannabidiol
(CBD) for Alzheimer’s disease. Frontiers in pharmacology, 8, 20.